Hello, Fouse Parents!
We hope all of your students had a great time at the Fall Harvest Parties in class on Friday! Here is this week's update, which contains information about upcoming events at Fouse, the weekly rotation schedule and other general tips and reminders:
Schedule For The Week
10/17 (Mon)......F Day
10/18 (Tues).....A Day
10/19 (Wed)......B Day
10/20 (Thurs)....C Day; Early Release (2:30pm)
10/21 (Fri).........D Day; Central Ohio OEA/NEA Day (No School)
As we’ve mentioned, voters will decide the future for Westerville Schools on November 8th. Fouse PTO now officially endorses Issue 59, which is a NO NEW TAX permanent levy that actually extends the life of the 5-year emergency levy that was approved in 2012. At this time, our endorsement is simply verbal; we are not providing any financial contributions to the campaign. We will continue to share the most current information on our Fouse Elementary PTO Facebook page as we receive it from the following groups:
· Westerville Parent Council (WPC), which is a district-wide group with representatives from all PTO's, PTA's and Booster groups across the district. Fouse PTO is an active member.
· “Our Community, Our Schools”, or OCOS, which is a community advocacy group organized in support of our schools. To learn more, please visit their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ourcommunityourschools/
o OCOS is providing yard signs to those who are interested. Sign up to have an ISSUE 59 yard sign in your yard by clicking here: http://www.ocoswesterville.com/RequestaYardSign.aspx.
o If you would like to volunteer to help the campaign, you may do so by clicking this link: http://www.ocoswesterville.com/Volunteer.aspx.
o Our Community Our Schools is asking everyone to kick in TEN BUCKS to help our campaign in support of Issue 59 for Westerville Schools! Please consider donating today by clicking on this link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi- bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick& hosted_button_id=9CZSQEWYPGUL8
"The Leader in Me" Update
Thanks very much to those of you who were able to join us to learn more information about this program. We received a great deal of positive feedback from those who attended. Mr. Stranges and staff are excited about the value this initiative will bring to the students at Fouse. They are continuing to work with the Covey organization on final implementation plans. We will share all plans when they are set!
Health Heroes Vaccination Clinic
Flu vaccines will be available at Fouse on either October 18th or 19th. If your student is being vaccinated at this clinic, please call the school at either 614-797-7400 or 614-797-7409 on Monday, 10/17, to confirm the finalized date of the clinic and the time of your child’s vaccination, if you wish to attend. Please see the details provided on the district website: http://www.wcsoh.org/administrativeDepartment.aspx?aid=118
School Fees Due Monday, 10/17
The deadline to pay school fees is Monday, October 17th. Please review your fee balances in detail using the PowerSchool parent or student portal. Click on the “Balance” icon in the left side of the screen. This will show you what has been assessed, paid and what is still due for your students. EZPay is live and accepting online payments for these fees. You may choose to pay by using EZPay, send cash/check to Fouse with your student(s) or bring it by the office. For details, please follow this link to the district website: http://www.westerville.k12.oh.us/11/News/5045#sthash.42pelMBI.dpbs
Fall Book Fair Volunteers
The Fall Book Fair takes place Monday, 10/24 - Thursday, 10/27, during the week of conferences. There are 5 volunteer shifts that still need to be filled:
Fall Box Tops Contest Is Underway!
All students received a Box Tops contest flier and a labeled sandwich baggie to help easily collect and submit the Box Tops you've been saving. The class in each grade who collects the most Box Tops will receive an ice-cold treat, compliments of the PTO! As of Sunday, 10/16, here are the Box Tops totals by grade:
On Sale Now: Pancake Breakfast Tickets
Time to gather your friends and family for an all-you-can-eat buffet! The Pancake Breakfast is right around the corner…Saturday, November 5th, from 8:30am-11am. On Friday, pre-sale order forms for the Pancake Breakfast were sent home with all students. Please review the form for details; a copy is attached to this email for your reference. Discounted pre-sale tickets will be sold through Wednesday, 11/5. Please send in your order form, along with payment, to your student’s teacher. CONGRATULATIONS to our Pancake Breakfast Drawing Contest Winners:
Student Directory – In Progress
The PTO is currently in the process of creating the Student Directory. We anticipate that it will be complete by the end of October; once we have the date of its availability finalized, we will communicate that to you. This year, hard copies of the directory will be printed and available to be picked up in the office. For privacy purposes, the directory will not be posted online. If you prefer not to be included in the Directory and have not already communicated that to us, please complete the attached “Opt Out” request form and send it in with your student by this Wednesday, 10/19. As a reminder, all of the information provided in the directory is for the sole use of Fouse Elementary parents and staff and is not to be used for marketing or solicitation purposes.
There are several areas in which the PTO needs assistance:
· Watering New Trees on the Playground - the PTO was able to purchase 7 shade trees for the playground last year! These trees are still new and need weekly watering. It can be a lengthy task (an estimated 2-3 hours each week) but your time is much appreciated! You are welcome to bring your children and pets to play and run around. Please use this link to sign up for a shift: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050944adaa23a31-fouse
· Library Volunteers - they are critical to helping all of our Fouse students have a positive experience in our library. The library is open on A, B, D and F days. Library volunteers can choose which days they want to help. They are not required to commit to any specific schedule and background checks are not required. If you are available to help in the library, please use this link to sign up for specific day(s) and time(s): http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040c4aafa728a64-sign
If you have not already done so, we encourage you to "like" our school's Facebook page. You can find our page here: https://www.facebook.com/Fouse-Elementary-PTO-612228052137109/. All of our upcoming events are now also on Facebook - don't forget to get those on your calendar, too! https://www.facebook.com/pg/Fouse-Elementary-PTO-612228052137109/events/?ref=page_internal
To learn more about the PTO, please visit our website: http://fousepto.weebly.com/
As always, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Hope you have a great week ahead!
Fall Dates to Look Forward to:
· October 20 - Early Release (2:30pm)
· October 21 - Central Ohio OEA/NEA Day (No School)
· October 24 - Fall Book Fair Begins (ends 10/27)
· October 27 - Parent Teacher Conferences (No School)
· October 28 - Parent Teacher Conferences (No School)
· November 5 - 7th Annual Fouse Pancake Breakfast, 8:30am-11am
· November 8 – Professional Development Day (No School)
· November 9 – PTO General Meeting, 7pm