Hello, Fouse Parents!
Hope you’re having a nice weekend! Here is this week's update, which contains information about upcoming events at Fouse, the weekly rotation schedule and other general tips and reminders:
Schedule For The Week
10/10 (Mon)......A Day
10/11 (Tues).....B Day
10/12 (Wed)......C Day
10/13 (Thurs)....D Day
10/14 (Fri).........E Day; Classroom Parties (10:30am for AM K; 2:30pm for all other classes)
As we’ve mentioned, voters will decide the future for Westerville Schools on November 8th. Issue 59 is a NO NEW TAX permanent levy that actually extends the life of the 5-year emergency levy that was approved in 2012. We will continue to share the most current information on our Fouse Elementary PTO Facebook page as we receive it from the following groups:
· Westerville Parent Council (WPC), which is a district-wide group with representatives from all PTO's, PTA's and Booster groups across the district. Fouse PTO is an active member.
· “Our Community, Our Schools”, or OCOS, which is a community advocacy group organized in support of our schools. To learn more, please visit their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ourcommunityourschools/
o OCOS is providing yard signs to those who are interested. Sign up to have an ISSUE 59 yard sign in your yard by clicking here: http://www.ocoswesterville.com/RequestaYardSign.aspx.
o If you would like to volunteer to help the campaign, you may do so by clicking this link: http://www.ocoswesterville.com/Volunteer.aspx.
o Our Community Our Schools is asking everyone to kick in TEN BUCKS to help our campaign in support of Issue 59 for Westerville Schools! Please consider donating today by clicking on this link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi- bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick& hosted_button_id=9CZSQEWYPGUL8
Community Coffee Chats with Dr. Kellogg
Westerville City School District (WCSD) Superintendent Dr. John R. Kellogg and members of the district’s leadership team are holding a series of “Community Coffee Chats” to discuss recent progress and future considerations for the district, as well as answer questions about Issue 59, the district’s levy renewal on the November 8, 2016, ballot.
The two remaining Community Coffee Chats will be held as follows:
· 7:15 a.m. on October 14, 2016, at Java Central, 20 South State Street
· 7:15 a.m. on October 27, 2016, at Huber Ridge Elementary School, 5757 Buenos Aires Boulevard
Kellogg said casual meeting opportunities such as this are important because the formality of visiting or calling the district’s offices, or signing up to speak at a Board of Education meeting, at times can be intimidating.
“We want people to feel comfortable, which is why we’re taking the show on the road, so to speak,” Kellogg explained. “We’re hopeful that people will take advantage of this opportunity and we look forward to seeing everyone there.”
"The Leader in Me" Update
Thanks very much to those of you who were able to join us to learn more information about this program. We received a great deal of positive feedback from those who attended. Mr. Stranges and staff are excited about the value this initiative will bring to the students at Fouse. They are continuing to work with the Covey organization on final implementation plans. We will share all plans when they are set!
Health Heroes Vaccination Clinic
Flu vaccines will be available at Fouse on either October 18th or 19th. The exact date will be communicated one week prior to the event. Please see the details provided on the district website: http://www.wcsoh.org/administrativeDepartment.aspx?aid=118
School Fees May Now Be Paid via EZPay
The deadline to pay school fees is Monday, October 17th. EZPay is now live and accepting online payments for these fees. You may choose to pay by using EZPay, send cash/check to Fouse with your student(s) or bring it by the office. For details, please follow this link to the district website: http://www.westerville.k12.oh.us/11/News/5045#sthash.42pelMBI.dpbs
Fall Box Tops Contest Is Underway!
On Friday, 9/30, all students received a Box Tops contest flier and a labeled sandwich baggie to help easily collect and submit the Box Tops you've been saving. The class in each grade who collects the most Box Tops will receive an ice-cold treat, compliments of the PTO! The contest runs now through end of day, Wednesday, 10/26. Please review the contest flier for all details; a copy of the flier is attached for your reference. Additionally, on the back of the Box Tops Contest flier you received is a "Fouse Rewards Program Checklist". Please take a moment to sign up for all of the rewards programs available - it's an easy way to support the Fouse PTO while you shop for everyday items!
Student Directory – In Progress
The PTO is currently in the process of creating the Student Directory. We anticipate that it will be complete by the end of October; once we have the date of its availability finalized, we will communicate that to you. This year, hard copies of the directory will be printed and available to be picked up in the office. For privacy purposes, the directory will not be posted online. If you prefer not to be included in the Directory and have not already communicated that to us, please complete the attached “Opt Out” request form and send it in with your student by Wednesday, 10/19. As a reminder, all of the information provided in the directory is for the sole use of Fouse Elementary parents and staff and is not to be used for marketing or solicitation purposes.
Hand Sanitizer Donations Requested
Our lunch/recess schedules have been adjusted slightly this year and some grades now go to recess first and then come in for lunch after. This means that they class doesn’t have the opportunity to wash hands before they eat. Thankfully, our Duty Aides have been on top of our students' safety, health and well-being and have been hand sanitizing the kids. In order to keep this going throughout the year, we’d like to ask families to donate large bottles of hand sanitizer. If you would like to donate, please send in hand sanitizer with your student; they are asked drop it off in the office. Thanks very much for your help with this!
There are several activities and upcoming events in which the PTO needs assistance:
· Fall Book Fair - takes place Monday, 10/24 - Thursday, 10/27, during the week of conferences. If you are able to assist us, please use this link to sign up for a shift: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b49a4af29a75-october/.
· Watering New Trees on the Playground - the PTO was able to purchase 7 shade trees for the playground last year! These trees are still new and need weekly watering. It can be a lengthy task (an estimated 2-3 hours each week) but your time is much appreciated! You are welcome to bring your children and pets to play and run around. Please use this link to sign up for a shift: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050944adaa23a31-fouse
· Library Volunteers - they are critical to helping all of our Fouse students have a positive experience in our library. The library is open on A, B, D and F days. Library volunteers can choose which days they want to help. They are not required to commit to any specific schedule and background checks are not required. If you are available to help in the library, please use this link to sign up for specific day(s) and time(s): http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040c4aafa728a64-sign
If you have not already done so, we encourage you to "like" our school's Facebook page. You can find our page here: https://www.facebook.com/Fouse-Elementary-PTO-612228052137109/. All of our upcoming events are now also on Facebook - don't forget to get those on your calendar, too! https://www.facebook.com/pg/Fouse-Elementary-PTO-612228052137109/events/?ref=page_internal
To learn more about the PTO, please visit our website: http://fousepto.weebly.com/
We hope everyone enjoys the classroom Fall Harvest Parties this Friday! Please contact your classes' lead room parent(s) with specific questions about your party. Feel free to reach out to the PTO firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any further assistance.
Fall Dates to Look Forward to: