Hello, Fouse Parents!
We hope that you’re enjoying this first weekend of October! Here is this week's update, which contains information about upcoming events at Fouse, the weekly rotation schedule and other general tips and reminders:
Schedule For The Week
10/3 (Mon)......B Day
10/4 (Tues).....C Day
10/5 (Wed)......D Day; PTO General Meeting, 7pm
10/6 (Thurs)....E Day
10/7 (Fri).........F Day
Thank You for Supporting our Walk-A-Thon!!
We're happy to report that our Walk-A-Thon was a great success! Despite the weather, our students and faculty made the most of this event and had so much fun getting some exercise and celebrating their fundraising efforts! Thanks to your generosity, we raised $21,778, exceeding our $20,000 goal! Wow! We truly appreciate your partnership and support and could not have been successful in this fundraising endeavor without you! And a sincere thanks to all of our volunteers who donated their time to ensure this event ran smoothly! We look forward to utilizing all proceeds to fund field trips & alternative education experiences in the classroom, author visits & other educational programs benefiting our Fouse Students.
We would also like to thank the businesses who donated to the Walk-A-Thon! We sincerely encourage our Fouse families to support these businesses that have so kindly supported us:
o Benchmark Insurance
o BrightPath Active Learning
o Shane Tressler, State Farm Insurance
o The Wine Girl
o A. Mann Plumbing
o Denistek Inc., LLC
o Dr. Emrich & Staff, Orthodontics
o Dr. Mary Faeth & Dr. Lisa Mitchell Dentistry
o Sims Brothers Recycling
o Westerville Veterinary Clinic
o AK Irrigation
o Atlas Insurance
o Capital City Group
o Northstar Family Dental
o Silvestri Custom Homes
o Ohio Premier Dermatology
And a big CONGRATULATIONS to the winners of our Walk-A-Thon class contests:
As mentioned in last week's email, voters will decide the future for Westerville Schools on November 8th. Issue 59 is a NO NEW TAX permanent levy that actually extends the life of the 5-year emergency levy that was approved in 2012. Each week, we will pass along any information to you that we receive from the following groups:
"The Leader in Me" Update
Thanks very much to those of you who were able to join us last week to learn more information about this program. We received a great deal of positive feedback from those who attended. Mr. Stranges and staff are excited about the value this initiative will bring to the students at Fouse. They are continuing to work with the Covey organization on final implementation plans. We will share all plans when they are set!
Health Heroes Vaccination Clinic
Flu vaccines will be available at Fouse on either October 18th or 19th. The exact date will be communicated one week prior to the event. Please see the details provided on the district website: http://www.wcsoh.org/administrativeDepartment.aspx?aid=118
School Fees May Now Be Paid via EZPay
The deadline to pay school fees is Monday, October 17th. EZPay is now live and accepting online payments for these fees. You may choose to pay by using EZPay or may send cash/check to Fouse. For details, please follow this link to the district website: http://www.westerville.k12.oh.us/11/News/5045#sthash.42pelMBI.dpbs
Pancake Breakfast - Drawing Contest Entries Due 10/5
Attention, Fouse Foxes…let’s see your artwork! Last week, students were sent home with an entry flier for our Pancake Breakfast Drawing Contest! Students are encouraged to draw a picture that they think best represents Fouse’s Pancake Breakfast and/or the Fall season. Entries are due this Wednesday, October 5th and the winner of the contest will be announced on Friday, October 7th. The winning drawing(s) will be featured on this year’s Pancake Breakfast flier. A copy of the contest entry flier is attached for your reference.
Fall Box Tops Contest Has Begun!
On Friday, 9/30, all students received a Box Tops contest flier and a labeled sandwich baggie to help easily collect and submit the Box Tops you've been saving. The class in each grade who collects the most Box Tops will receive an ice-cold treat, compliments of the PTO! The contest runs now through end of day, Wednesday, 10/26. Please review the contest flier for all details; a copy of the flier is attached for your reference. Additionally, on the back of the Box Tops Contest flier you received is a "Fouse Rewards Program Checklist". Please take a moment to sign up for all of the rewards programs available - it's an easy way to support the Fouse PTO while you shop for everyday items!
Hand Sanitizer Donations Requested
Our lunch/recess schedules have been adjusted slightly this year and some grades now go to recess first and then come in for lunch after. This means that they class doesn’t have the opportunity to wash hands before they eat. Thankfully, our Duty Aides have been on top of our students' safety, health and well-being and have been hand sanitizing the kids. In order to keep this going throughout the year, we’d like to ask families to donate large bottles of hand sanitizer. If you would like to donate, please send in hand sanitizer with your student; they are asked drop it off in the office. Thanks very much for your help with this!
There are several activities and upcoming events in which the PTO needs assistance:
· Fall Book Fair - takes place Monday, 10/24 - Thursday, 10/27, during the week of conferences. If you are able to assist us, please use this link to sign up for a shift: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b49a4af29a75-october/.
· Watering New Trees on the Playground - the PTO was able to purchase 7 shade trees for the playground last year! These trees are still new and need weekly watering. It can be a lengthy task (an estimated 2-3 hours each week) but your time is much appreciated! You are welcome to bring your children and pets to play and run around. Please use this link to sign up for a shift: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050944adaa23a31-fouse
· Library Volunteers - they are critical to helping all of our Fouse students have a positive experience in our library. The library is open on A, B, D and F days. Library volunteers can choose which days they want to help. They are not required to commit to any specific schedule and background checks are not required. If you are available to help in the library, please use this link to sign up for specific day(s) and time(s): http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040c4aafa728a64-sign
If you have not already done so, we encourage you to "like" our school's Facebook page. You can find our page here: https://www.facebook.com/Fouse-Elementary-PTO-612228052137109/. All of our upcoming events are now also on Facebook - don't forget to get those on your calendar, too! https://www.facebook.com/pg/Fouse-Elementary-PTO-612228052137109/events/?ref=page_internal
To learn more about the PTO, please visit our website: http://fousepto.weebly.com/
Have a nice week! We hope to see you this Wednesday night at 7pm for our PTO General Meeting. All parents are welcome to attend!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Fall Dates to Look Forward to:
· October 5 - PTO Meeting, 7pm
· October 14 - Fall Party, 10:30am for AM Kindergarten, 2:30pm for all other classes
· October 20 - Early Release (2:30pm)
· October 21 - Central Ohio OEA/NEA Day (No School)
· October 24 - Fall Book Fair Begins (ends 10/27)
· October 27 - Parent Teacher Conferences (No School)
· October 28 - Parent Teacher Conferences (No School)
· November 5 - 7th Annual Fouse Pancake Breakfast, 8:30am-11am