Hello, Fouse Parents!
We hope you've enjoyed your weekend! The update below contains information about upcoming events at Fouse, the weekly rotation schedule and other general tips and reminders to help you more easily navigate the school year! Here is this week's update:
Schedule For The Week
10/30 (Mon)......A Day
10/31 (Tues).....B Day (Happy Halloween!)
11/1 (Wed).......C Day (PTO General Meeting, 7pm in Media Center)
11/2 (Thurs)......D Day
11/3 (Fri)..........E Day (Picture Re-Take Day)
Fall Book Fair - Online Through 10/31
We were glad to see so many of you during our Book Fair last week! Thanks to the continued success of our Book Fairs, we just ordered 106 new books for the library and for our classrooms. We hope students enjoy these new books, all of which were able to be purchased because of your support!
If you were able to make it and would still like to do some shopping, feel free to shop our online fair: http://onlinebookfairs.scholastic.com/default.aspx?f=3752534. Purchases may be made online through Tuesday, 10/31. Once the online fair has ended, all items purchased will be shipped to Fouse & we will deliver them to students. If you would prefer to pick up your purchase at school yourself instead of having it delivered to your student, simply email us email@example.com & we will get in touch with you once the items are ready. What a great way to get an early start on holiday shopping while supporting our school!
Fall Box Tops Contest Has Ended
We are excited to announce the results of the Fall Box Tops Contest:
We earned $699 with Box Tops during this contest! Thanks very much to all who participated! There will be another contest that begins in mid-January, so please keep collecting Box Tops this winter.
On Sale Now: Pancake Breakfast Tickets
Time to gather your friends and family for an all-you-can-eat buffet! The Pancake Breakfast is right around the corner…Saturday, November 11th, from 8:30am-11am. Pre-sale order forms for the Pancake Breakfast were sent home with all students. Please review the form for details; a copy is attached to this email for your reference. Discounted pre-sale tickets will be sold through Wednesday, 11/8.
All students who pre-order tickets will be entered into a drawing for fun prizes given away at the event!! Please send in your order form, along with payment, to your student’s teacher.
Yearbook Art Contest
As always, we are excited to use student art throughout our school yearbook! A Yearbook Art Contest entry form was recently sent home with all students. Contest winners will be selected from each grade to be featured on the front and back cover, as well as on each class page inside the yearbook. If your student would like to participate in the contest, please ensure their form is turned in to their teacher by Friday, 11/3.
Veterans Day - Honor Your Military Hero!
Westerville City School District has a proud tradition of honoring our nation’s veterans through various activities leading up to Veterans Day. We also have a tradition of supporting community service initiatives and fundraising activities. This year, we are upholding these traditions by assisting our local United Service Organizations (USO) and its efforts to support area veterans.
Through 11/8, will be creating a display of “My Hero” cards as part of Veterans Day activities. For just a $1 donation per card, you can honor your personal military heroes and have their names as part of this display. Funds raised will help sponsor the USO’s “5K Run/Walk for Heroes,” held in Westerville each May as part of Memorial Day weekend.
Cards will be displayed proudly at Fouse as we help support non-profit organization efforts to:
Westerville Parent Council - “Kids & Technology” Presentation
On Wednesday, 11/8, Westerville Parent Council is hosting a “Kids & Technology” presentation from The Center for Safety and Healing. The presentation takes place at 7pm at Westerville South High School. Please note that the content is geared toward parents so it may be best to leave children at home. Please see the attached flier for details.
PTO Restaurant Night at Max & Erma's - Thank You!
Thanks very much to everyone who came out to support Fouse during our recent Restaurant Night at Max & Erma's! Additional Restaurant Nights will be scheduled monthly throughout the school year. We will keep you posted on details for our next one!
Fouse Spirit Wear - Get Yours Today!
Thanks to everyone who purchased Spirit Wear recently at Back to School Day, Open House and the Fouse Family Picnic! If you would like to purchase one of our new styles of Fouse shirts, a drawstring bag or water bottle, please refer to the details on our PTO website and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order. http://fousepto.weebly.com/spirit-wear.html
PTO Communication - Facebook/Website
In addition to the emails that you've started to receive from the PTO, another great way to get updates and learn more about all of the happenings at Fouse is to "like" our school's Facebook page. You can find our page here: https://www.facebook.com/Fouse-Elementary-PTO-612228052137109/
We also encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the PTO: http://fousepto.weebly.com/
Ways to Support the Fouse PTO… Without Spending Extra!
These great programs allow you to support the Fouse PTO while shopping for everyday items…
· Giant Eagle Apples for Students: This program is a great way for our school to earn educational rewards such as computers, software, video equipment, gym and playground gear, and more. Register your Giant Eagle Card and start earning rewards.
· Kroger Community Rewards: Help Support Fouse PTO..... Just by Shopping at Kroger! It's easy when you enroll in Kroger Community Rewards®! To get started, sign up with your Kroger Plus Card , and select Fouse Elementary PTO (#80874). Once you're enrolled, you'll earn cash rewards for Fouse PTO every time you shop and use your Kroger Plus Card!
· AmazonSmile: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support the Fouse PTO every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price on eligible items to the Fouse PTO. You can even use your Prime membership at the same time.
· Box Tops: Collecting box tops from participating vendors is a simple way to raise money for Fouse. Twice per year, we have contests at the school to collect box tops. The Fall contest has ended but we will have another contest this winter. The winning class receives a special prize for bringing in the most box tops.
Enjoy your week! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Fall Dates to Look Forward to:
· November 1 - PTO General Meeting, 7pm in Fouse Media Center
· November 3 - Picture Re-Take Day
· November 7 - Westerville Educator Day (No School)
· November 11 - Pancake Breakfast, 8:30-11am in Fouse cafeteria
· November 23-24 - Thanksgiving Break (No School)